Rhinoceros Modeling & Physical Modeling of a Skyscraper
- Please design a twisting/bulging tower with a base and height that fits within a 200’x200’x1200’ building envelope.
- On a new layer, duplicate the exterior surface of your building. Please spend time working with basic rhino materials to create a nice representation of your building. Please establish a directional light (sun) for the scene and feel free to add context (the neighboring buildings).
- You will also need to create several representative renderings of your tower and arrange them on an 11×17 sheet in InDesign along with the unrolled surface created in Part 2 of this assignment. Please print this sheet and post your rendered images to the course website by Monday 5/2.
- Follow Rhino Tutorials 5.21 & 5.22 (and Exercise 10.9 & 10.10) to create an unrolled surface for your building.
- Prepare the surface and laser cutting by scaling (much like you did in Assignment 1). The scale of your physical model should be 1”=100’
- Please laser cut the parts for your tower and assemble them. The physical model is due on Monday 5/9. You are responsible for laser cutting your model parts there will be no in class time devoted to this process.