Registration and First Post
Welcome to Architecture 150G, Digital Tools For Architects II. Throughout the course, you will be required to use the course website to view and download assignments, revisit tutorials, and post your assignments/exercises as they are completed. In this exercise, you will begin working in Rhino, register with the course website, and make your first post.
- Turn on your computer and open your web browser.
- Next, navigate to www.digitaltoolsforarchitects.com.
- Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the course website. At the bottom of the column on the right, under the “Site Administration” category, click on the Register link.
- Please type in your username. Your user name should be the first initial of your first name followed by your full last name. For example if your name was “Jane Smith”, your user name would be “jsmith”.
- Fill out your email address (you need to have an email address for this class, if you do not already have one, please sign up for a free account with either gmail, www.gmail.com, or yahoo! www.yahoo.com)
- Check your email for your new password.
- Using the link in your email, login with your username and the password assigned to you.
- You will now see the “Course Website Dashboard,” where you can update your information (including your password) by clicking on the profile link on the right of the page header. Please update your information.
- Please follow Rhinoceros Tutorial 5.2 to create the shape shown below.
- This exercise is designed to help familiarize you with Rhino and many of the commands you will use later in the class.
- Post your resulting .jpg to the course website (click on the “Posts” link, then the “Add New” link).
- Please purchase your flash drive and bring it to class on Wednesday!