Unrolling lofted surfaces
In this exercise, you will work to make unrolled surfaces that when cutout will create a physical model of your skyscraper. If you can, please try to work with the skyscraper you created on Monday. If you find the tower to difficult, you may break it into parts of redesign/simplify your tower.
- Go over your model, try to make a few of surfaces as you can (this will simplify the unroll).
- Use the unrollsrf command (Rhino Tutorial 5.22) making sure to turn the labels “on” as well as explode to “yes.”
- In the top view, arrange your unrolled surfaces with numbered sides matching each other. Try to combine sides where possible to create a foldable cutout of your skyscraper.
- Make sure to include the top and the bottom of your skyscraper as this will help you to create your final shape.
- In the top view, use the print command to create an image of your unrolled surfaces. Post that image as well as a quick rendering/print/capture of the shape that your unrolled surfaces create (i.e. your skyscraper) to the course website by the end of class today.