Creating Sections in Rhinoceros
In this exercise, you will learn to cut sections through your current stair 3D model. There are two methods to do this and you will explore both.
- Follow Rhinoceros Tutorial 5.25 to create a simple line section.
- Once you have reached step 9, use File>Print to create a .png or .jpg of the resulting section (instead of the Export command in step 9).
- Follow Rhinoceros Tutorial 5.26 to create a complex section. You may elect to look at the section in perspective view as well as any of the elevation views.
- Once you have finished step 11, create a nice view and use the same File>Print command as above to create a sectional view of your stairs.
- With any remaining time, continue to work on Assignment 2. Post both images by the end of class to the course website.