Today you will continue modeling your Artist’s retreat for your final project. You should concentrate on adding progressive levels of detail in your model.
- Finish your 3D model by adding progressive layers of detail. You can return to this step and add more detail throughout the coming weeks.
- Assign appropriate materials to your 3D model. Spend time adjusting your texture mapping on the individual object level to make sure that textures will appear correctly when rendering.
- Revisit and clean your layer structure as you will likely use this as a block in the final site topography.
- Open the topography site information in Rhino. Follow techniques outlined in Rhino 5.23 & 5.24 to create a smooth surface from the .skp SketchUp File.
- Use File>Insert to bring in a block reference of your Artist’s retreat. Locate your building on the site and trim/adjust the site as necessary. You may wish to use the Project tool to help with this process.
- With any remaining time, work to add a sunlight system and an HDRI background image to your topography/model file.
- Perform 1 rendering, save your work and post it to the course website by the end of class today. You do not need to comment on other students’ work for this exercise.