Portfolio Design Revisited
Your final portfolio for this class is due five weeks from today. With this in mind, you will revisit your portfolio design again today. You now have much more content to put into your portfolio and should easily be able to produce 2 spreads (4 pages).
Part I: Size & Layout
- If you have already decided on a layout and orientation, continue working on your portfolio and add more content/pages. If you have not started on your layout, you will need to determine the size of the portfolio and the orientation (portrait, landscape, or square).
- Review the techniques discussed in the graphic design section of the course. Pay careful attention to your flowlines, column intervals, etc.
Part II: Export your work
- Save your work as a .indd file, remember to also save your referenced text on your flash drive in the same folder.
- Export your work (4 pages, 2 spreads) as a .pdf file and post it to the course website by the end of class today. Please also export a .jpg of your “best” page and post it to the course website as well.
- Print your work (4 pages, 2 spreads), color preferred, but black & white acceptable. Staple your pages together and turn them in to me by the end of class today.
- You will then need to sign up (in white binder) for an hour by arrangement time slot to meet and discuss your work. Available times are shown below:
- November 16: (2-3pm)
- November 18: (10-11am)
- November 23: (2-3pm)
- November 30: (2-3pm)
- December 2: (10-11am)
Part III: Work on Assignment 6
- With any remaining time, please work on Assignment 6 (due Tuesday November 16th).