Initial Portfolio Design
You have just received the Assignment 8 handout for the final portfolio for this course. In this exercise, you will use your existing content (Assignment 1, Assignment 2) to create an initial layout spread for your portfolio. I will have examples for you to view during lab.
Part I: Size & Layout
- First, you will need to determine the size of the portfolio and the orientation (portrait, landscape, or square).
- Review the techniques discussed in the graphic design lectures from the last couple of weeks. Pay careful attention to your flowlines, column intervals, etc.
- Skipping the first page, please create a layout for pages 2 & 3 of your portfolio. You can use Assignments 1 & 2 as a basis for these layouts.
Part II: Export your work
- Save your work as a .indd file, remember to also save your referenced text on your flash drive in the same folder.
- Export your work (2 pages, 1 spreads) as a .pdf file and post it to the course website by the end of class today. Please also export a .jpg of your “best” page and post it to the course website as well.
- Print your work (4 pages, 2 spreads), color preferred, but black & white acceptable. Staple your pages together and turn them in to me by the end of class today.
- You will then need to sign up (in white binder) for an hour by arrangement time slot to meet and discuss your work.
Part III: Work on Assignment 3
- With any remaining time, please work on Assignment 3 (due Thursday).