In this age of internet savvy consumers, it is critical you actively create and manage your online identity to control your public image. For this exercise, you will be creating your own LinkedIn Profile (Resume) and personal landing page. You will not need to make a financial investment as the service we are going to use is free.
- Create an account (if you don’t already have one) with LinkedIn.com
- Spend the next 30 minutes creating your own profile/resume. If you already have a working resume, use this as a base for your profile. If you already have a LinkedIn page, update your profile so that it is current.
- Upload a photo to your profile (Ideally this is the same photo you used as your Gravatar.com image from Digital Life 0.13.
- Make note of your profile address. It is usually something like www.linkedin.com/in/yourname.
Follow “Digital Life 0.12 [flavors.me]” to create your own flavors.me personal landing page. You do not need to pay for any premium services for this exercise. Please take time with your design. We will occasionally revisit this page in future exercises to update it with new techniques that will be discussed in lecture.
- Make sure to include content you post on the course website as one of your services in addition to your LinkedIn Profile page.
- Please post a link to your personal landing page on the course website. This post must include your full name (“Grant Adams”) and your flavors.me page (http://www.flavors.me/grantadams).
- You can make a link by clicking on the chain links in the wordpress editor.
- You must post this to the course website by 1:50pm today. Ideally, take a screenshot of your PLP and set this as your featured image for your post.
- Please update your profile for the course website to include your new PLP as you homepage. Include your LinkedIn profile as another link and consider filling out the remaining links as appropriate. Remember this will help to establish your online identity.
- If you have not already done so, Follow Digital Life 0.13 to upload a profile picture and associate it with your email address.
- Bring digital camera to class on Wednesday, you will need it for Exercise 104!