In this HBA, you will collect new display fonts to store on your flash drive to use later. You will post your findings to the course website after the HBA.
- Browse the internet for free fonts you find interesting. Please download these fonts (at least 2) and save them to your flash drive. I recommend creating a Resources>Fonts set of folders to keep your work (and life) organized. Make a note of the web address where you downloaded the font. You will need this address in part 3.
- Some places to look:
- Lists of some great fonts:
- Follow Digital Life Tutorial 0.15 to download and install AMP Font Viewer Portable on your Flash Drive. Install at least two fonts on your computer.
- Download Sample Font .indd File (right click and Save Target As…). Save this file to your flash drive.
- Open this sample file in InDesign and select all text. With the text selected, change the font to be one of the new fonts you downloaded.
- Use File>Export to save a .jpg of your chosen font. (Do this for each of the fonts you have downloaded (at least 2)).
- Upload the image of each font to the course website and paste a link to download the font below the image. Make sure to include “HBA w6” in the title to your post.