- Click on the “Insert” ribbon at the top of the AutoCAD window.
- If you have an AutoCAD file to use as a block (often downloaded from online sites), click on the “Insert” button or type insert into the command line.
- Click on the browse button (red box below) and naviate to your file. (It is good practice to store these blocks in a consistent location like a resources folder within your project folder).
- Next, you should check the box for “Specify on Sceen” under the Insertion Point section and click “Ok.” (Blue box below)[premium content]
- You can now specify a location for your block on the screen.
- In rare circumstances, you may need to adjust the scale or rotation of the block in which case you can specify a scale in the scale section and the rotation in the rotation section of the Insert Block window. Both options can be done “on screen” during the placement process.
- To use the AutoCAD design library, please follow AutoCAD 9.7 [design library].