“Downloading and Using Dropbox on your own computer”
- Begin by signing up for the Dropbox service at http://db.tt/5c3UzfT
- After you have signed up, log in to the Dropbox website (the login is in the upper right corner).
- Click on your account icon (upper right corner, a default account looks like a circle with a smiley face in it) and select Install from the menu that appears.
- Run the Dropbox installer. (Usually, this involves double clicking the file you downloaded). Follow the setup instructions and you will have a working Dropbox on your own computer.
- Note: You may wish to customize the location of the Dropbox folder. You can do this during the installation on the appropriate step of the process or by selecting preferences from the Dropbox menu icon and editing the “Dropbox Location” field.