- Begin by opening Adobe Photoshop.
- Before you perform any adjustments, open the history window (Window > History) and set the brush icon to the step after which you would like to return to when using the history brush, this is shown in red to the right. (In this example, I set the history brush to return to just after I opened the file).[premium content]
- Now perform your work (adjustments, extractions, etc.)
- If you would like to return a portion of the image to a previous state, you can select the “history brush” icon from the tool palette.
- Using the history brush is very similar to the regular brush tool, you can change the brush size and hardness to achieve the desired results.
- You can change the state to which your history brush will return your drawing by changing the history brush icon in the history window. A limited number of steps are recorded in the history window, so be sure to set your return point early in your process.
Download This Tutorial: [premium content]