- Open the material editor by navigating to V-Ray>Material Editor or by clicking the Material Editor in the V-Ray toolbar.
- To add a new material to your scene, right click on “Scene Materials” in the “Materials List” area of the Material Editor.
Navigate to Create Material>Standard.
- Click on the “DefaultMaterial” you just created and rename it. You will need to right click and select “Rename Material” from the context menu.
- Click on the Diffuse Options tab and change the color of your material (you can select any color you wish).
- Next, click on the transparency color and change the value to be black for 100% opaque, white for 100% transparent, or a shade of gray to have partial transparency.
- Now right click on the name of the material and navigate to Create Layer>Reflection.
- Follow V-Ray 8.2 [assigning materials] to assign the material to an individual object or a layer.
- Note: You can assign the material to a layer or to the selected object by right clicking on the name of the material (listed in the Materials List section) and selecting either “Apply material to selection” or “Apply material to layer.”
- To load an existing V-Ray material, Follow V-Ray 8.12 [import .vismat].