Letters of Recommendation:
Each year a number of students ask for letters of recommendation for scholarships and/or applications. If you wish to have me write a letter on your behalf, you must do all of the following:
- Receive an A in one of my classes.
- Send me a written request by email 3 weeks prior to the due date of the letter and
- Send me a digital portfolio of your architectural work that includes work from outside of my classes and
- Send me an outline of your qualifications for this scholarship/application.
- Send me all required paperwork for scholarship/application, filled out & signed.
- You must waive your right to view your letter if possible.
- I ask this because it is my belief that letters of recommendation should be addressed and delivered sealed to the evaluation/selection committee. I believe these committees respect sealed letters and give them higher value than unsealed letters.
You will then be responsible for reminding me on the following schedule by email or in person. 2 weeks, 1 week, 5 days, 2 days. I will send you a confirmation that I have sent the letter once it is done.
If any of the above conditions are not met, I will not write your letter. Scholarships and applications are serious and should not be taken lightly, you should prepare in advance and not rush them at the last minute.
If I have already written you a letter and you wish to have an additional letter (or have it addressed to someone else) I would be happy to do it with only 1 week of notice. Requirements 2-4 (unless you want the body of the letter changed) do not need to be met.