To begin with, I cropped the image to bring the center flower into greater focus. Next I made a slight levels adjustment to highlight the contrast between the light tones of the flower and dark toes of the surrounding foliage. I then performed a slight curves adjustment to further adjust the colors. I also applied a "pop" adjustment to the image but after experimenting with different settings I decided to remove it as I was unsatisfied with the results. Finally, I made use to the dodge and burn tool to selectively lighten and darken many highlights and shadows across the image. My goal was for the colors of the central flower to be truly vibrant and vivid against the background.