This assignment will push your abilities in Photoshop as well as your creativity. It is meant to be challenging. Your edited photograph should be submitted to the course website prior to the start of class on Wednesday 10/1.
- For this assignment, I’m asking you to show us something beyond what we see every day. You will need to go out and photograph common objects, both from far away and at the macro scale or photograph a scene and then remove something (see examples). Using these photographs, you will combine two of them to create something out of the ordinary (or bending reality). I will show you examples in class on Wednesday 9/19 or you can look at the course showcase for previous year examples.
- Please note, you need to use your own photographs for this assignment. You may not use photos that you find online or from other sources.
- You will likely work with each photograph on a separate layer, using masks, the clone stamp tool, the lasso tool (with feather), the color range selection, the background erase tool, masks, etc. to blend the two photographs together.
Turning in your work:
- Prior to the start of class on Monday 10/1, you need to post your final image to the course website. Please also post the two images before they were combined for reference. You do not need to write a summary of what you did to combine the images. You will need to comment on at least 3 other people’s work for this assignment.
- Please also print an 8.5 x 11 sheet to be handed in. I will not return this print.