In your future career as an architecture student/architect and/or designer, you will often need to showcase your work in a portfolio format. This assignment is designed for you to design and build a digital portfolio of your work. It is your “final” (project) for the course and will be worth 30% of your overall grade. Assignment 107 begins today and will be due by midnight on Monday, May 17, 2021. Throughout the remainder of the semester, we will be revisiting this assignment giving you ample opportunity to make corrections/improvements to the final product.
Part 1 (Beginning ~3/3/21)
- Collect all of your work from this class and at least 3 pieces of work from your other classes/work experience.
- Using InDesign, build a multiple page portfolio. Pay careful attention to themes running through your portfolio. Each assignment can have a separate page or there can be multiple images on a page. The portfolio must be at least 5 pages (10 pages back & front) long and can be longer. You must have some text in the portfolio as well. Pay careful attention to flow lines, margins, etc. You may wish to consult the Structure + Organization chapter of the Layout Workbook (pp. 52-71) to help you with this part.
- You will need to work in Adobe Illustrator to design a front cover for your portfolio. This cover should thematically showcase your design work in an abstract manner. You may use other software (Photoshop, InDesign) as necessary.
- Continue working on your design layouts. You should have many more complete pages by this point. Make sure that your structure and organization complement your work rather than detract from it. Take some time to do a mock-up with a different layout just to make sure your current layout is working the best.
- Revisit and finalize your layouts. Take time to correct mistakes in assignments and make sure that all of your very best work is going into the final portfolio.
Turning in your work:
- By midnight on Monday, 5/17/21, you should post a gallery slideshow of each page of your portfolio to the course website. Please also include a link to your .pdf portfolio (including cover pages) with your post.
- Please note: This is a “hard” deadline. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY WORK AFTER MIDNIGHT ON 5/17/21.