Today you will place your Artist’s retreat on the building site. Concentrate on integration through exterior spaces (patios, retaining walls, etc.
- Download site information if you don’t already have it on your flash drive.
- Open your Artist’s retreat file. Organize the layer structure and prepare it to be used as a block reference.
- Use Edit>Blocks>Insert Block Instance... to place your Artist’s retreat model into your building site. (Rhino 5.14 [blocks]).
- Move your building’s block to be positioned correctly on the site. You may want to enable shaded or rendered mode in the top view to assist you in this placement.
- Trace the footprint of your building (it does not have to be level as demonstrated in lecture).
- Use the project command (in the top view) to project this footprint on the site. (Rhino 5.13 [project]) Trim out the excess site. (Rhino 5.9 [trim])
- Add exterior geometry (retaining walls, terraces, etc.) to integrate your building into the site context.
- Use any remaining time to add more and more details to both your artist’s retreat block as well as your site integration geometry. You should have a very complete model before class on Wednesday. We will begin with a high quality exterior rendering next class!
- Perform 2 renders or captures and post your resulting image to the course website by the end of class today.
- You should comment on this exercise (and give feedback on the overall site integration).