For this exercise, you will work with the cabin created in Exercise 126/Assignment 106. You will work in Photoshop to enhance a plan view of your building.
- Follow SketchUp 4.2 [sectioncutface.rbz] to download and load the sectioncutface.rbz script.
- Note: The script should already be installed on the lab computers. If you work on your own computer, you will need to do step 1.
- Use the section tool to establish a plan view of your building. Remember a plan view is typically at 4’ above the finished floor.
- Right click on the section and select “Add Section Cut Face” to make surfaces at the section cut.
- Make your view perpendicular to the section cut, and switch to parallel projection mode. (Camera>Parallel Projection).
- Follow SketchUp 4.4 [Styles for Photoshop] to export 2D graphics in several styles for Photoshop.
- Note: Make sure to include a view with shadows on with the section cut hidden (i.e. the whole building casts shadows on the surrounding ground) and all the edges and profiles turned off. This will enhance your plan view when using the images in Photoshop.
- Combine images in Photoshop using layer blending modes.
- Add shadows on a new layer (as necessary) to accentuate the plan [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add lighting (using the paintbrush tool with a soft brush) [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add appropriate materials to walls and floors [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add background imagery (ground) [demonstrated in lecture]
- Use File>Save For Web... to save a .jpg of your Photoshop work for each view. Post your plan to the course website by the end of class today. Make sure to categorize the post as “Exercise 129”. You should comment on this exercise.