Using the techniques discussed in lecture, create a 4”x6” informational postcard about the DVC Architecture Program. The content of the card can be taken from the DVC Architecture website (www.dvcarchitecture.com) and is open-ended (no specific requirements for content).
Part I: Size & Layout
- Begin with a 4”x6” sized sheet of paper in Adobe InDesign (you will need to create a custom size and may have to change the units first, then create a new document). Make sure the box for facing pages is unchecked.
- Begin your design layout. Follow InDesign 2.8 [align], InDesign 2.9 [image spanning frames], InDesign 2.10 [text as a frame], & InDesign 2.11 [transparency] to carefully arrange a hierarchical set of information. Don’t forget to use the align window, your rulers & your guides.
- Consider text and typography. Follow InDesign 2.2 [place, re-size, crop], InDesign 2.3 [text], InDesign 2.4 [character palette], InDesign 2.5 [paragraph palette], InDesign 2.6 [character styles], &/or InDesign 2.7 [paragraph styles] to carefully consider the type on your page.
- Don’t be afraid to try multiple versions, you can always duplicate your work on a new page by right-clicking on the current page in the pages window and selecting “Duplicate Spread” from the context menu that appears.
Part 2: Export your work
- Save your work as a .indd file, remember to also save your referenced text on your flash drive in the same folder.
- Export your work to a .jpg file and post it to the class website by the end of class today.
- Just a reminder, you should comment on other student’s work for this exercise!