For this exercise, you will work with the multi-room building created for Assignment 106. You will work in Photoshop to enhance a section view of your building.
- Use the section tool to establish a section view of your building.
- Make your view perpendicular to the section cut, and switch to parallel projection mode. (Camera>Parallel Projection).
- Follow SketchUp 4.4 [Styles for Photoshop] to export 2D graphics in several styles for Photoshop.
Part II: Follow Assembly 10.3 [SketchUp to Photoshop (Sections)] for a detailed step by step.
- Combine images in Photoshop using layer blending modes.
- Add shadows on a new layer (as necessary) to accentuate interiors [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add lighting (using the paintbrush tool with a soft brush) [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add appropriate materials to section cuts, wall elevations and floors [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add backdrop imagery for each window [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add entourage (use the ones created in Exercise 107)
- Use File>Save For Web & Devices to save a .jpg of your Photoshop work for your perspective view. Post your view on the course website by the end of class today. Make sure to categorize the post as “Exercise 128”.