For this exercise, you will work with the multi-room building created for Assignment 106. You will work in Photoshop to enhance a section view of your building.
Follow SketchUp 4.2 [sectioncutface.rbz] to download and load the sectioncutface.rbz script. Note: The script should already be installed on the lab computers. If you work on your own computer, you will need to do step 1.
- Use the section tool to establish a section view of your building.
Right click on the section and select “Add Section Cut Face” to make surfaces at the section cut.
- Make your view perpendicular to the section cut, and switch to parallel projection mode. (Camera>Parallel Projection).
- Follow SketchUp 4.4 [Styles for Photoshop] to export 2D graphics in several styles for Photoshop.
- Follow Assembly 10.3 [SketchUp - Photoshop - Sections] to create a section view of your cabin.
- Combine images in Photoshop using layer blending modes.
- Add shadows on a new layer (as necessary) to accentuate interiors [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add lighting (using the paintbrush tool with a soft brush) [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add appropriate materials to section cuts, wall elevations and floors [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add backdrop imagery for each window [demonstrated in lecture]
- Use File>Save For Web & Devices to save a .jpg of your Photoshop work. Post your view on the course website by the end of class today. Make sure to categorize the post as “Exercise 129”.