- Make your view perpendicular to the section cut, and switch to parallel projection mode. (Camera>Parallel Projection).
- Follow SketchUp 4.4 [Styles for Photoshop] to export 2D graphics in several styles for Photoshop.
- Note: Make sure to include a view with shadows on with the section cut hidden (i.e. the whole building casts shadows on the surrounding ground) and all the edges and profiles turned off. This will enhance your plan view when using the images in Photoshop.
Part II: Follow Assembly 10.3 [SketchUp - Photoshop - Plans]
- Combine images in Photoshop using layer blending modes.
- Add shadows on a new layer (as necessary) to accentuate the plan [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add appropriate materials to walls and floors [demonstrated in lecture]
- Add background imagery (ground) or texture (ink splotches) [demonstrated in lecture]
- Use File>Export>Export As... to save a .jpg of your Photoshop work for each view. Post your plan to the course website by the end of class today. Make sure to categorize the post as “Exercise 126”. You should comment on this exercise.