Lecture 201 Practice:
In this exercise, you will begin working in Rhino and create a simple shape. You will also post an image of this shape on the course website and categorize it as Exercise 201.
- Please download Exercise_201.3dm from the course website.
- Please follow Rhinoceros 5.2 [simple shapes] to create the shape shown below.
- This exercise is designed to help familiarize you with Rhino and many of the commands you will use later in the class.
- Once you have completed the shape, log on to the course website. Mouse over the “+ New” text on the black bar at the top of the page. Select “Post” from the list that appears.
- Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the post window, make note of the tools available at the top of the text window. From this page, you can give your post a title, write a description of your post and include images and .pdf files of your work.
- For this particular post, give your post a title that includes your name and “Exercise 201”.
- Upload the image created in Rhino to the course website by clicking on the “Add Media” button. In the Insert Media window that appears, click on the “Select Files” button. Navigate to your saved image. Once it has finished uploading, click on “Set Featured Image” and making sure the image you just uploaded is still selected, click the blue “Set
- Featured Image” button in the lower right corner of the window.
- Please make sure to specify “Digital Tools for Architects (Archi 136)”, “Exercises (Archi 136)”, and “Exercise 201” in the categories list to the right of your new post. You will be able to see all the posts for a given exercise/assignment using the “Student Work” Menu at in the navigation bar of the website.
- Click “Post” when you are done. You can edit your post by clicking on the “Posts” link on the left side of your dashboard, then mouse over your post and click the “Edit” link that appears.