Lecture Downloads & Links:
To view the lecture slides or to download a .pdf of the lecture, click one of the links below.
Lecture 112 Practice:
In this practice, you will assemble and use your existing content to create an initial layout spread for your portfolio.
Part I: Size & Layout
- First, you will need to determine the size of the portfolio and the orientation (portrait, landscape, or square).
- Review the techniques discussed in the graphic design lectures from the last couple of weeks. Pay careful attention to your flowlines, column intervals, etc.
- Skipping the first page, please create a layout for pages 2 & 3 of your portfolio. You can use any previous work as a basis for these layouts.
- If you have content available (from other classes, studios, work, etc.) you should continue and add a few more pages. Make sure to use Masters and page numbers on the pages.
Part II: Export your work
- Save your work as a .indd file, remember to also save your referenced text on your flash drive in the same folder.
- Export your work (2 pages, 1 spreads) as a .pdf file and post it to the course website by the end of class today. Please also export a .jpg of your “best” page/spread and post it to the course website as well as the featured image for your post.