This picture of a cymbidium orchid flower spike was taken using a Canon PowerShot A590IS, f/2.8, 1/1000 sec., ISO-80, focal length 6 mm.
I adjusted the histogram slightly. There was a short flat spot on the black side of the histogram.
The curve layer may the most difference. I used a custom setting for a slight "s-curve" which really brought out the reds in the photo.
The next layer is used was Channel Mixer. I bumped up the green to a value of 116, and reduced the red and blue by -8.
I did not need to dodge or burn anything in the photo.
I used the blending function to add an inner shadow to the frame edge of the photo.