You may use the ruby script (linked below) to fill in solid objects in your section cut.
For SketchUp 2013 & Newer:
- Download the SectionCutFace.rbz extension file from the SketchUCation website (requires free registration/login).
- Navigate to Window>Preferences and then click on Extensions from the list on the left.
- Click on the Install Extension button (shown below) and navigate to the SectionCutFace.rbz that you saved on your flash drive.
- Note: You may need a password to install the script on the lab computers. I will be happy to help if necessary.
- After you have loaded the script, If you select the section cut and right click, you will have the option to “Add Section-Cut Face” in the context menu that appears. Choose this option.
- Next you are presented with a dialog box (below) that allows you to select a color for the resulting spaces/edges. It will also allow you to specify a layer for the cut faces.[Premium Content - Login] [Membership Options]