V-Ray Version 3.6:
- In a Rhinoceros document, open the V-Ray Asset Manager.
- Click on the "Import .vrmat file" button.
- Navigate to your .vrmat/.vismat file and select it.
- Your material will now appear in the scene "Material List."
V-Ray Version 1.5:
- In a Rhinoceros document, open the V-Ray Material editor.
- Create a new material by right clicking on “Scene Materials” and navigating to Add material>Add VRayMtl.
- Right click on the new material you just created (often called “DefaultMaterial”) and choose rename from the context menu.
- Give the material a descriptive name (often it is good to match the material you are importing).
- Right click on this material name and choose “Import” from the context menu. Navigate to your .vismat file and click “Open.”
- Your material is now loaded into your Rhinoceros file and ready to be applied to objects.