- In a Rhinoceros document, follow V-Ray 8.17 to create a sunlight system. Make sure your sun is on its own layer.
- In the middle of your scene, place a large sphere (on its own layer). Assign the sphere a chrome material. (There is a good default chrome material in the V-Ray Materials Library).
- Making sure the infinite plane stays on, turn off all other objects/layers so you have just the sphere from step 2 and the inifinite plane.
- Render your scene. In the resulting image, look at the sphere for the reflection of the sun.
- Once you have found the sun in your image, navigate to the Environment Drawer of your V-Ray options window. Click on the “m” next to Background and adjust the horizonal value (counter-clockwise in degrees) to match the location of the sun in the sphere.[Premium Content - Login] [Membership Options]